Friday, March 6, 2015

I Like You more than Coffee... Card

Hi everyone :-D
 
My 100th post!! Wohoo! :-D 

Today I want to share with you another card I made for the Spring Coffee Lovers Blog Hop, super fun event, hosted by two very talented ladies, Amy Tsuruta of Tsuruta Designs and Chaitali Narla of Cut, Crops and Creativity.

http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2015/02/spring-coffee-lovers-blog-hop/

This is my second spring/coffee themed card. If you missed my first spring/coffee themed card, you can see it hereFor this one I used From the Heart Stamps 'Birdbrain Needs Coffee' digital stamp set and gorgeous Sizix 'Spring' digital paper. I love these oranges. :-D 

Here it is, my I Like You more than Coffee... Card


For my card layout I used a sketch099 with a twist from {heart} sketches designed by Faith Skrdla. I changed it a bit, inspired by gorgeous cards from FTHS Design Team (here and here).
Twist was to use lots of glitter, but I didn´t use any. I am not fan of glitter. I did use it few times, but that was barely visible. :-D 
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2015/03/02/i-heart-card-sketches-with-a-twist-no-99-2/

How I made my card
I printed patterned papers on a white cardstock paper (resized from A4 to A6), cut them out and glued to a white panel.
I printed an image and sentiment on the white cardstock paper and cut out shapes I needed. 
Then I colored the image. First I colored coffee beans and coffee in the mug in watercoloring technique, using Tim Holtz´s Walnut Stain Distress Ink, water and brush. After these were dry, I colored Birdbrain with colored pencils. I used Reddish Orange color and White Titanium for blending.

I covered Birdbrain´s beak, eyelids and the coffee mug with transparent glossy varnish to create glossy accents and to add some dimension to the image. 
After varnish was dry, I glued image and sentiment to the panel and all together on a white card base. 
At the end, I decorated card, according to the sketch, with three butterflies. I used homemade butterfly stencil and colored structure paste. I made the butterfly stencil from a cardstock paper scraps with a butterfly paper puncher . I colored structure paste with tempera colors

Card dimensions are 98 mm x 139 mm (3 7/8" x 5 1/2").

List of supplies:
    http://fromtheheartstamps.com/shop/birdbrain-chick/152-birdbrain-needs-coffee.html
  • From the Heart Stamps 'Lucky Birdbrain Chick' (includes fun image and six bonus sentiments)
  • Sizix Spring digital papers, butterflies and orange stripey (free for newsletter subscribers) 
  • white cardstock paper
  • Kooh-i-noor woodless colored pencils (Titanium White 3, Reddish Orange 2)
  • Tim Holtz´s Distressed Ink (Walnut Stain
  • tempera colors (Yellow, Vermilion) 
  • Marabu Light structure paste (805) 
  • transparent varnish with extra gloss  
  • Pritt universal glue
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer
  • scissors
  • compass tool 
  • eraser 
  • Butterfly paper puncher 
  • Marabu paint brush no. 1
  • palette knife no. 1 
  • crafting needle
  • water  


    I am linking my card to the Spring Coffee Lovers Bloghop.
    http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2015/02/spring-coffee-lovers-blog-hop/
    http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/


    I am also entering my card to following challenges:
    Note: bold text and challenge badge are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page. 

    1) Colour Me...!, CMCC #61 - Colour Me... Monochromatic!
    http://colourmecardchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/03/cmcc61-colour-me-monochromatic.html
    http://colourmecardchallenge.blogspot.com/

    2) From the Heart Stamps I {heart} card sketches w/a tWiSt #no.99
    http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2015/03/02/i-heart-card-sketches-with-a-twist-no-99-2/
     

    There is currently a March Designers Blog Hop at From the Heart Stamps Blog and a theme this month is Going Green. Beautiful and very inspirational DT projects and fabulous opportunity to win From the Heart Stamps. Check it out. :-D 
    http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2015/03/06/march-blog-hop-2/


    Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D


    Crafty Milka


    Update March 13th, 2015
    I am linking my project to STAMPlorations Flash Stencil Linky Party
    http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2015/03/artplorations-stencil-blog-hop-reminder-flash-stencil-linky-party.html

    35 comments:

    1. OMG OMG OMG!! SUPER Sweet Card!! LOVE IT!! =) THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

      ReplyDelete
    2. WoW congrats on your 100st post and I really love that image awesome card.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wahooooo for your 100th post! This card is FABulous...love the glossy accents and the sentiment :)
      Thanks for joining in the fun♡

      ReplyDelete
    4. Love that sweet Birdbrain image and the sentiment! Very bright and cheery card!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Super cute!!! Love this image and sentiment. TFS

      ReplyDelete
    6. Super cute! And love your card in that fun orange.

      ReplyDelete
    7. This is so cute! What an adorable bird! I love how you did the eyes!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Oh man, that bird looks like ME before my first cup o' the day...
      Great card! Love the colours and sassy sentiment.

      ReplyDelete
    9. YELLOW!!! Yummie Yellow! Love this card and that image....oh that bird is so cute ♥

      ReplyDelete
    10. That little bird has so much enthusiasm! So cute and I love how you used the sketch with those little butterflies.

      ReplyDelete
    11. This image is so fun! Love all the yellows you've used for this card. He looks like me before I finish that first cup...lol! Very fun card. Bev

      ReplyDelete
    12. Love your layout from the sketch! Super cute "chick" with his glossy eyes!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Congrats on your 100th post!!! Thanks for sharing your adorable card.
      Crafty hugs,
      Dawn
      DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

      ReplyDelete
    14. So bright and cheerful! That image makes me laugh! Great job!! :)

      ReplyDelete
    15. There's that chicken again, Milka, love the image and your coloring is perfect! Congrats on your 100th post! Happy Saturday!

      ReplyDelete
    16. Love the glossy accents! :) Congrats on your 100th post!

      ReplyDelete
    17. Great image and you've colored it up so cute!

      ReplyDelete
    18. Oh my so bright and cheerful, thanks so much for playing at From The Heart Stamps this week.

      ReplyDelete
    19. Super sweet and fun Card, Milka. I like the different shades of orange and the glossy eyes looks great !!

      Great take also with our Sketch Challenge with a tWist this week @ From the Heart Stamps !! Don´t miss Week 100 - there will be great Prices :-)

      ReplyDelete
    20. You bird is super cute!!! I love the expression on his face! Thanks for joining us at Colour Me!

      ReplyDelete
    21. I had the same expression as this little guy when I woke up this am :) What a fun card, just super creative! Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Colour Me...! We would love for you to join us again soon!!!

      ReplyDelete
    22. Hey..Hey Milka!! I used the same image for the Winter Coffee Hop!!! This image just speaks volumes to all coffee/tea lovers!! Love all the bright colors!!! Thanks for joining us at FTH!

      ReplyDelete

    PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

    Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

    Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

    Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

    Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

    Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...