Friday, April 10, 2015

Vellum Goodie Bag (Fairy Tale Challenge #115)

Happy Friday everyone :o)

It´s time for a new challenge at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog.

The theme for this fortnight is #115, Verpackung für etwas süßes / Wrap something Sweet
You can make a box for something sweet, wrap something sweet, or put something sweet directly on your project. Whatever you like. :o)

Our sponsor for this challenge is Milk Coffee, with an awesome prize for our random winner: 3 digital images of the winner´s choice. 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/milkcoffee


For this challenge I made a Vellum Goodie Bag, using our sponsor´s gorgeous image 'Charlotte at Paper Ship'.


First I made a simple bag from a vellum paper and decorated it with white and yellow gingham stripes.

Then I printed the image on a white paper (160 grams) and colored it with colored pencils and blue fine liner. I used two different techniques for blending:
  • hair, water and paper ship are blended with baby oil (I saw that in a video Colored Pencil Blending Methods by Dina Kowal a while ago.)
  • yellow parts and skin are blended using two different colored pencils

To make scalloped circle, I used scalloped circle template from cardstock I have. I traced the template around the image, cut it out and erased pencil traces. 
I covered dots, flowers and butterfly on the image with a gloss resin gel, to create glossy accents and to pop up those parts of the image.
When the image was completely dry, I glued 3-D foams behind the image and placed it on the bag. I also glued punched butterflies on the bag.

Using my crafting needle and scoring board, I pierced top of the bag every 1/8", so I could sew through them. I filled the bag with Merci chocolate bars, sewed the bag and glued rubber flower on the right upper corner. 


Bag dimensions are 76 mm x 102 mm (3" x 4").
 
List of supplies: 
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/90190035/digital-stamp-charlotte-at-paper-ship?ref=shop_home_active_23
  • Milk Coffee digital stamp 'Charlotte at Paper Ship'
  • Gingham Prints (yellow) from Little Llama Shoppe (these were free gift in July 2014)  
  • white cardsock paper
  • yellow cardstock paper scraps 
  • white paper (160 grams)
  • vellum pape
  • rubber flower 
  • 100% cotton crochet embroidery thread (Koral no. 15, yellow) 
  • colored pencils (skin color, pink, dark yellow, light orange, light blue, grey)
  • Koh-i-noor Mondeluz aquarell colored pencil (yellow 3)
  • Koh-i-noor universal white pencil for writing on gloss surfaces
  • pencil 
  • eraser 
  • dark blue fine liner 0.5 mm
  • double sided strong adhesive tape
  • 3-D foam self-adhesive pads 
  • transparent low temperature glue stick 
  • gloss resin gel super clear 
  • printer 
  • scoring board 
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 
  • Dremel 920 glue gun, low temperature
  • crafting needle 
  • large hand sewing needle 
  • MSC Edger Punch, Scallop Dot 
  • butterfly paper puncher  
  • scalloped circle template  
  • Johnson's baby oil with Aloe Vera
  • cotton buds

I hope you'll like my little vellum bag. I do! :o)

Stop by the Fairy Tale Challenge Blog and see gorgeous sweet projects my Design Team Mates and our Guest Designers made for this challenge. Join us in this challenge, we can´t wait to see your projects. :o)


I am entering my project to following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) 613 Avenue Create, Challenge #118: Anything Goes
http://avenue613.blogspot.com/

2) ABC Challenge, G is for 'Go Digital'
I used digital image and digital paper. 
http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/

3) Clear it Out Challenge Blog, Theme: Anything Goes, Stash: Anything Goes 
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.com/
 
4) Craft My Life, All Crafts Challenge April/May 
http://sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.com/

5) Fairytale Stampers, Challenge #53 - Anything Goes 
http://fairytalestamper.blogspot.com/

6) Little Miss Muffet Challenges, Challenge #109 - Anything Goes
http://littlemissmuffetchallenges.blogspot.com/

7) Papertake Weekly Challenge, Anything Goes
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/

8) Stamp and Create Challenges, April Challenge: Anything Goes 
http://stampandcreateblog.blogspot.com/

9) Through The Craft Room Door, TTCRD Challenge from April 7th to April 13th, Anything Goes

 
Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Crafty Milka

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful creation! thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful job, a pretty bag that would be a keeper! Thank you for joining us at ABC CHALLENGE! Good luck and please join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous gift bag Milka, I love the image the wonderful spring colours and the butterflies
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...