Hi everyone :-D
Today it´s my turn to be on the spotlight over at Kitty Bee Designs and I made this Hoppy Birthday Card, an interactive wobbler card.
I used super cute image 'Hip Hop Froggie' from 2013 Good Luck Froggies Release. There are six froggies in the release and I like them all. I already used three of them and will use all in my future projects. :-D
"Frogs are symbols of prosperity, wealth, friendship, and abundance in many cultures. In other cultures they symbolize fertility. In the Native American culture of the Southwestern United States, the frog carries a piece of wood in its mouth because the Mojave people believe frogs brought fire to humans. For the ancient Romans, the frog was believed to bring good luck to one's home. Native Aborigines of Australia believe that frogs brought the thunder and rain. Frogs are said to be effective in speeding up recovery from disease. Among the ancient Egyptians and Greeks, frogs symbolized inspiration and fertility. In ancient Egypt, Hekt, the frog goddess, protected newborn babies, hence frogs were symbols of fertility and birth. The frog is also said to attract true friends and to help find long-lasting love."
Details about my card...
This is the first time I made wobbler card. I used photo tutorial Wackel-Karte/Wiggling Card from Stempeleinmaleins to make this fun mechanism. I don't have circle paper puncher, so I used scalloped scallop circle puncher.
Image is paper pieced.
I printed two froggies, one on a white cardstock paper and second on green cardstock paper. I colored parts I needed with colored pencils, blended them with my new paper blending stump, fussy cut all parts, colored edges with black permanent pen and glued all pieces together. Then I added gloss resin gel on froggie´s dots, belly and heart, to create glossy accents.
I wrote sentiment on my computer using lovely 'Stays In The Cave' free font from Kevin&Amanda and printed it on a large polka dot panel.
Card dimensions are 101 mm x 139 mm (4" x 5 1/2").
List of supplies:
- Kitty Bee Designs 'Hip Hop Froggie' from 2013 Good Luck Froggies Release
- Prettygrafikdesign digital paper (large polka dots)
- Sizix 'Flights of Fancy', green (free for newsletter subscribers)
- 'Stays In The Cave' free font from Kevin&Amanda
- white cardstock paper
- green colored pencil
- Kooh-i-noor woodless colored pencils (Yellow 3, Red 7, Dark Green 5)
- Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen F (fine) 0.6 mm
- white water based glue
- UHU universal glue
- gloss resin gel super-clear
- transparent low temperature glue stick
- scoring board
- crafting needle
- paper blending stump no. #1
- Dremel 920 glue gun, low temperature
- EK Success 1" scallop circle punch
- round nose pliers
- wire 2 mm
I hope you enjoyed my spotlight project for this month. Check out more cute images at the Kitty Bee Designs Etsy Store, Kitty Bee Designs Blog and Kitty Bee Designs FB. Be prepared for super cuteness! :-D
I am entering my card to following challenges:Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.
1) 2 Cute Ink Digital Stamps Challenge Blog, Challenge #128 - Anything Goes
2) Always Playing With Paper, The Challenge #32 - Use Polka Dots on your Card or Paper Project
3) Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge, R#223 - Anything Goes
4) Crafty Calender Challenge, April Challenge - Add a Sentiment
5) Craft Your Passion Challenges, Challenge #259 - Always Anything Goes
6) SugarPea Designs, Monthly Challenge, SPD15 - Anything Goes
7) The Pink Elephant Challenge, TPE296 - Anything Goes
8) Through The Craft Room Door, TTCRD Challenge from April 28th to May 4th, Anything Goes
Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D