Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Aries Card (Fairy Tale Challenge #165)


Hi everyone! :o)


It's time for a new challenge at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog

Our theme for this fortnight is #165, Karten mit Tieren / Cards with Animals.

This time our lucky winner will win this adorable clear stamp.


Here is my take on the challenge:  one layer, watercolor, Aries Card.


My card is a 2nd CASE of my Aquarius Card. You can find 1st CASE here. :o) I went with same design, layout, background color... Only differences are images and colors I used to color them. :o)

I love this design, so there will be more of CASEs of it... until I complete whole Zodiac circle. :o)

I used an adorable Aries stamp from Mama Elephant 'Cosmic Stars' stamp set. Love this set so much!! All those tiny Zodiac signs... SUPER CUTENESS OVERLOAD!! :o)

For a card base I used Canson XL Mixed Media Paper.

stamped the image directly on the card base and colored it with Distress Ink Hickory Smoke in watercolor technique. I also watercolored a background with Distress Ink Blueprint Sketch, my favorite Distress Ink color. :o)

Then I stamped one more image on a post-it paper and fussy cut it out. I made a mask to cover and protect the image, as my next step was splattering the background. I splattered it with water, Distress Ink Blueprint Sketch and white acrylic paint.

After drying, I highlighted some white acrylic splatters with white gel pen and drew more white dots. As a finishing touch I coated Aries's horns and hoofs with Clear Wink of Stella. Shimmery!!! :o)


Dimensions of card: 127 mm x 95 mm (5" x 3 3/4")

List of supplies:
  • Mama Elephant 'Cosmic Stars' stamp set
    • Canson XL Mixed Media Paper, 300 g
    • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
    • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks
      • Blueprint Sketch
      • Hickory Smoke
    • Marabu Acrylic Paint (070 White)
    • Uniball Signo White
    • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm
    • ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. clear 999)
    • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
    • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
    • bone folder
    • scissors
    • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #2
    • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
    • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool (for drying)
    • water
    • paper towels
    • post-it paper (for masking)

    I hope you liked my project for this fortnight and got inspired. Stop by the Fairy Tale Challenge Blog and see gorgeous creations my Design Team Mates made for this challenge. Do join us, we can't wait to see your projects. :o)



    I'm entering my card to following challenges:
    Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

    1) As You Like It Challenge, Favorite Coloring Medium (& why)
    My favorite coloring medium are Distress Ink Pads. Their usage is versatile and that's what I most like about them. Color blending, coloring directly with cubes, reactions with water (MAGIC!!!) and my favorite: watercoloring. :o)
    This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

    2) CRAFT-alnica, Izziv/Challenge #182: One Layer
    This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.


    3) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, March 2017, Anything Goes
    This is my 14th entry to this challenge.

    4) 613 Avenue Create, Challenge #195, March 2017, Anything Goes with optional twist: The Rubber Room (No Digis)
    This is my 6th entry to this challenge.



    Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


    Milka

    13 comments:

    1. Adorable!! Love this blue background and the cute aries is so beautifully coloured!

      ReplyDelete
    2. This is so cute! I love that stamp (I just used it on my Dad's birthday card). Love how you focused the smoosh around the image. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers. Jenny x

      ReplyDelete
    3. Looks like you nailed the single layer, water color, Aries card challenge! I like the dots of white there too. Thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C!
      ~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C: [ATG]
      Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Super cute, Milka! I love the vibrant blue background. Superb masking. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers Watercolor Challenge.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Kakšen kjut muflonček. Pa kakšne sijoče barve. Super lepa je.
      Hvala, da si znami v Craft-alnici. Lp Lili

      ReplyDelete
    6. Krasno ozadje, ki v ospredje potisne majhen motiv in zapolni belino. Super pride. Lepo, da si se nam spet pridružila pri CRAFTalnici.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Zelo luštno voščilnico si naredila :-)) Super pisano ozadje si ustvarila.
      Vesela sem, ker ustvarjaš z nami v izzivu CRAFT-alnice … Srečno!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Another cute card Milka! Love the fabulous background you created. Thanks for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

      Hugs,
      Larissa

      ReplyDelete
    9. Kakšen lep oven! Pa zvezdno ozadje je krasno!

      ReplyDelete
    10. Čudovita in zelo posrečena…, hvala ker deliš z nami v CRAFT-alnici, LP

      ReplyDelete
    11. Kako simpatično. Super!
      Hvala, da ustvarjaš z nami v CRAFT-alnici. Srečno!

      ReplyDelete

    PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

    Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

    Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

    Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

    Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

    Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...