Friday, March 17, 2017

Crocus Card (Uniko Challenge #40 GDT)


Happy Friday and St. Patrick's Day! :o)

I was delighted to be asked to be a Guest Designer at Uniko for a Challenge #40, after I won their Challenge #38.

The Challenge #40 theme is Spring with an optional theme Easter.


Here is my take on the challenge: CAS (clean and simple), Crocus Card.



To make this card, I used a gorgeous Uniko 'Spring Botanicals - Crocus' digital image. The image comes in digital collection of 4 images. Whole collection is free and you can find it here. :o)

I printed the image on a watercolor paper and left it dry couple hours to prevent ink smearing. I colored the crocus in watercolor technique using Distress Inks and added extra shades with colored pencils. I fussy cut the image, colored edges with black marker, glued 1 mm thick foam sheet scraps on the back of the crocus and glued it on a white cardstock panel. I glued the panel on a 2 mm thick foam sheet, glued it on a top folded white card base and my card was finished. :o)



Card dimensions: 102 mm x 146 mm (4" x 5 3/4")

List of supplies:
  • Uniko 'Spring Botanicals - Crocus' digital stamp (freebie)
  • white cardstock paper
  • Koh-i-noor pop Aquarell Watercolor Paper, 250 gms
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Mustard Seed
    • Spiced Marmalade
    • Twisted Citron
    • Wilted Violet
  • TOZ Artist Color colored pencils:
    • dark yellow
    • light green
    • dark green
  • TOZ Fantasy colored pencil, violet
  • Stabilo Pen (Marker), Black 68/46
  • UHU universal glue
  • foam sheet, 2 mm thick 
  • foam tape, 1 mm thick
  • Fiskars High Precission Personal Paper Trimmer
  • printer
  • scissors
  • Marabu rounded fine brush no. #0
  • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool (for drying)
  • water
  • paper towels

I hope you liked my spring card and got inspired. :o) Stop by the Uniko and see amazing creations from the Design Team made for this challenge. The challenge ends on April 21st, so there is plenty time to share your Spring/Easter themed creations with us. :o) For more information about the challenge rules and prizes, jump over to challenge post at Uniko blog. :o)




I'm entering my card to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, March 2017, Anything Goes
This is my 8th entry to this challenge.

This is my 2nd entry to this challenge.

3) The Daily Marker, 7th 30 Day Coloring Challenge
This is my 8th entry to this challenge.
colored: DAY 12


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Stop by later today, I'll be sharing one more card. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I had been debating on whether to use the floral wreath or one of these spring flowers for my GD card, but I went with the wreath. I've been meaning to try using watercolours with digital images, but your card is giving me the incentive to actually do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have enlarged the crocus to fill the card. Simply stunning watercoloring too and thanks for the tip on waiting for the ink to settle/dry a while before colouring, I've always avoided watercoloring digital images due to the bleeding of the black ink! Lovely to have you guest designing with us this month at Uniko. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning use of that Uniko freebie crocus! Great off to the side placement & colouring. Super to have you Guest Design with Uniko for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colouring is fabulous Milka and you've showcased this crocus stamp so perfectly. You are simply oozing with talent. A brilliant and elegant design and I'm thrilled you are one of our guest designers for this challenge at Uniko. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! This is a so elegant, sweet, classy CAS card!! Fabulous work!! Amazing dimensional look! Love, love, love the colours of this crocus and the way you have fussi cut it, youalways stunning me with your accurate cutting!!
    Thanks for sharing the notice that those amazing digi stamps are free and for the link! :) And BIG CONGRATS for your GD at Uniko!! So well deserved!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! I love the elegance and boldness of the composition & the fresh vibrancy of the colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful CAS design and your watercolouring is wonderful!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous CAS card Milka! It's so elegant and beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this on the Uniko site, Milka, and fell in love with it! CASlicious and colored perfectly!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful card Milka. The colours are really vibrant and I love its simplicity and elegance. x

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...