Saturday, March 4, 2017

Hand Lettering #3: Quotation Magnet

Hello everyone!!! :o)

Today I want to share with you another hand lettered magnet I made. I love magnets!! :o) I quoted Ivana Brlić-Mažuranić, amazing Croatian writer. The quotation is in Croatian, my mother tongue.


How I made the magnet...

I cut a 3" x 3" base from a Canson XL Mixed Media Paper.

I hand lettered quotation in block letter and cursive handwriting style. I used dip pen nib and black drawing ink. I stamped Sun and clouds from adorable Jane's Doodles 'Home Sweet Home' stamp set.


I prepared various hand lettered samples during my personal challenge Celebrating 30 Days of Pisces 2017 to color during a 7th 30 Day Coloring Challenge by Kathy Racoosin of The Daily Marker. This one also. I hand lettered it on DAY 4 of my challenge and colored it on a DAY 3 of Kathy's challenge (yesterday). :o)

My favorite coloring technique is watercoloring. This time I step out of my comfort zone and loosely watercolored the hand lettered sample. I struggled because I like everything colored neat, but I'm sooooo glad I did. I'm very pleased with the result. :o)


A friend gave me bunch of magnet sheets last year to make my own magnets. What an awesome gift for a magnet collector!! :o) I cut a magnet square, a bit smaller than the colored sample and glued them together with universal UHU glue, my favorite and most used glue.

Lastly, I pressed the magnet with a 32 cm x 32 cm, 1 cm thick glass plate and left it pressed for an hour. When I glue together two different surfaces, like in this case, paper and magnet, I always press my projects.

Dimensions: 77 mm x 77 mm (3" x 3")
List of supplies:
  • Jane's Doodles 'Home Sweet Home' stamp set
  • Canson XL Mixed Media Paper, 300 g
  • TOZ Leonhardy black drawing ink
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks
    • Mustard Seed
    • Fossilized Amber
    • Blueprint Sketch
    • Hickory Smoke
  • magnet sheet
  • UHU universal glue
  • dip pen nib (mounted on a paint brush)
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • bone folder
  • scissors
  • Ranger Heat It Tool (for drying)
  • 32 cm x 32 cm x 1 cm glass plate
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • water
  • paper towels


Quotation translation (updated March 3rd, 2017)

When you are happy, the sun follows you.
Ivana Brlić-Mažuranić
translation: Maria Milolaža


I'm entering my project to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Addicted to Stamps and More, Challenge #231 - Anything Goes
This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.

2) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, March 2017, Anything Goes
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

3) The Daily Marker, 7th 30 Day Coloring Challenge
This is my 3rd entry to this challenge.
colored: DAY 3


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

8 comments:

  1. Another delightful magnet, Milka! Love the sweet watercolouring and your wonderful handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is lovely :) i love how you are doing hand lettering! i would love to try it too sometime
    xxx
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lettering is wonderful and I'm so glad you added the translation, Milka. I'm also glad you did the loose watercoloring because it looks perfect as the sky. I'm so glad you shared your magnet with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant, Milka. A wonderful way to create a magnet. I love your watercoloured background! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hand lettering is so beautiful. I wouldn't dare put my scribbly writing on one of my cards, it wouldn't look as fabulous as this!! And your gorgeous water coloured background is the perfect backdrop. So glad you shared it with us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative! 😍 Thank you for participating in the 7th - 30 day coloring challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...