Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hand Lettering #5: Personalized Birthday Magnets, Pisces

Hello everyone!!! :o)

Today I want to share with you two hand lettered personalized birthday magnets I made.


First I made yellow one for my friend Danijela.



When my boyfriend saw it, he asked for a same magnet, but in blue, for his friend. :o)



How I made magnets...

I cut 2" diameter circle bases from a Canson XL Mixed Media Paper.

I stamped adorable Pisces from Mama Elephant 'Cosmic Stars' stamp set on circle bases, hand lettered word Pisces in block letter handwriting style and friends' birthdays with Roman numerals. I wrote them on different days, but I went with same lettering style on both so I'm sharing them together. :o)



I prepared various hand lettered samples during my personal challenge Celebrating 30 Days of Pisces 2017 to color during a 7th 30 Day Coloring Challenge by Kathy Racoosin of The Daily Marker. These two also.

I colored both circles in watercolor technique, using Distress Inks, and left them dry on air.

A friend gave me bunch of magnet sheets last year to make my own magnets. I cut magnet circles with large scissors and glued them together with colored circles with universal UHU glue. I pressed magnets with a 32 cm x 32 cm, 1 cm thick glass plate and left them pressed for an hour. At this point my magnets were finished.

I needed that something something as a final touch on the yellow one. I coated yellow Pisces with Clear Wink of Stella. Love the shimmer and my friend too!!! :o)


Dimensions: d = 51 mm (d = 2")
List of supplies:
  • Mama Elephant 'Cosmic Stars' stamp set
  • Canson XL Mixed Media Paper, 300 g
  • Ranger's Arcihval Ink (Jet Black)
  • TOZ Leonhardy black drawing ink
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks:
    • Mustard Seed
    • Fossilized Amber
    • Blueprint Sketch
    • Hickory Smoke
  • ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. Clear 999)
  • UHU universal glue
  • magnet sheet
  • EK Success Circle Cutter
  • dip pen nib (mounted on a paint brush)
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • scissors
  • 32 cm x 32 cm x 1 cm glass plate
  • water
  • paper towels


I'm entering my projects to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, March 2017, Anything Goes
This is my 10th entry to this challenge.

2) Seven Hills Crafts, March Challenge: Tic Tac Toe Challenge
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.
I used the top row: animals, watercolour, bold shades
Products used from the range in Seven Hill Crafts Shop: Mama Elephant 'Cosmic Stars' stamp set

3) The Daily Marker, 7th 30 Day Coloring Challenge
This is my 10th entry to this challenge.
colored: yellow DAY 10, blue DAY 12

4) 613 Avenue Create, Challenge #195, March 2017, Anything Goes with optional twist: The Rubber Room (No Digis)
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

7 comments:

  1. These magnets are very sweet, Milka and i like your handlettering. This makes it personal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... Amazing magnets!! Love the shades around the stamps and the handwriting and the shimmer looks WONDERFUL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my all time favourite stamp sets, and I love that you made something a little different for the challenge! thanks so much for playing along with Seven Hills Crafts this month. jillx

    ReplyDelete
  4. your birthday magnets are awesome! Love your little watercoloured fish and LOVE that you wrote the dates in roman numerals. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable magnets, fantastic hand lettering! Thank you for joining the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute are these!! No wonder your boyfriend asked you to make one for his friend after seeing it. The images are so cute and love your colouring of them. And you can never have too much Wink of Stella. Gorgeous projects and so wonderful to see you again at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...