Friday, March 31, 2017

Hand Lettering #8: Enjoy Mini Card Set, Cursive Style

Hello everyone!!! :o)

My third and last post today... If you missed previous two, just scroll down or follow direct links here and here.


I love mini cards and mini images. Combining both, I made this hand lettered, CAS (clean and simple), one layer, Enjoy Mini Card Set.


I drew a line and wrote word 'enjoy' on two white cardstock paper card bases in cursive handwriting styleI used dip pen nib and black drawing ink.


I prepared various hand lettered samples during my personal challenge Celebrating 30 Days of Pisces 2017 to color during a 7th 30 Day Coloring Challenge by Kathy Racoosin of The Daily Marker. These two also. I hand lettered them on DAY 9 of my challenge and colored it on a DAY 25 of Kathy's challenge. :o)

I had no idea what I want to do with hand lettered samples for days. Tiny image yes, but which one... Same or different image on both cards.... Nothing fit. And then I received an ADORABLE Gerda Steiner Designs 'Hoppiness' stamp set that I won at The Hoppiness Giveaway. I knew immediately I will use super cute birdie on my both cards.

I CASEd my own card, Sing Mini Card II. I went with same design and layout, but with different birds (from different artists), sentiments and colors.

I stamped birds on both card bases and colored them with colored pencils. I trimmed bottoms of both cards, covered birds' beaks and legs with transparent varnish to create glossy accents and left cards dry couple hours. As a finishing touch, I embellished cards with enamel dots.


Cards measurements: 76 mm x 89 mm (3" x 3.5")
List of supplies:



I'm entering my card set to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Gerda Steiner Designs, Share Your Designs Challenge #31
This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) The Daily Marker, 7th 30 Day Coloring Challenge
This is my 20th entry to this challenge.
colored: DAY 25


This would be all from me today. Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!!! The sentiment is handwriting!!! Stunning!! Love, love, love very much these cute CAS cards!!! You are soooo talented!! Very well done!
    Pinned immediately!! https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524488113605/

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...