Saturday, March 25, 2017

Mandala Birthday Cards

Hi everyone!!! :o)

I hope you're enjoying your weekend. :o) Today I want to share with you these two, one layer, Mandala Birthday Cards.



I went with same design and layout as on my Watercolored Blue Mandala Cards that I shared on my blog earlier this year, only this time, I included big bold sentiment in the design. :o)

I used a gorgeous Create a Smile 'Mandala' cling stamp and beautiful sentiment from Jane's Doodles 'Birthday Wishes' stamp set.

For card bases I used Canson XL Mixed Media Paper.

heat embossed in clear the Mandala and stamped the sentiment in black directly on top folded card bases.

I colored cards in watercolor technique using two Distress Inks for each and a lot of water (see detailed supply list below). I added colors in layers, drying them between. When I was satisfied with colors, I splattered cards with the Distress Inks I used for coloring.



As a finishing touch, I coated Mandalas and word 'wishes' on both cards with Clear Wink of Stella. Shimmer, shimmer... LOVE it!!! :o)


Dimensions of cards: 133 mm x 101 mm (5 1/4" x 4")

List of supplies:
  • Create a Smile 'Mandala' cling stamp
  • Jane's Doodles 'Birthday Wishes' stamp set
  • Canson XL Mixed Media Paper, 300 g
  • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
  • WOW! Embossing Powder (Clear Gloss, Regular, WA01R)
  • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
  • Tim's Holtz Distress Inks
    • 1st card
      • Mustard Seed
      • Fossilized Amber
    • 2nd card
      • Spun Sugar
      • Festive Berries
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen F (fine) 0.6 mm
  • ZIG Wink of Stella Brush (Gl. Clear 999)
  • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
  • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
  • bone folder
  • Marabu fine flat paint brush no.#6
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #2
  • Marabu fine rounded paint brush no. #0
  • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
  • water
  • paper towels
  • powder bag



I'm entering my cards to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) CRAFT-alnica, Izziv/Challenge #182: One Layer

This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

2) Create a Smile, March Challenge: Letters
This is my 1st entry to this challenge. (GD)
I used sentiment stamp with big bold cursive letters and block uppercase letters.

3) Glitter 'N' Sparkle Challenge Blog, Challenge #231 - Anything Goes

4) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, March 2017, Anything Goes
This is my 12th entry to this challenge.

5) 613 Avenue Create, Challenge #195, March 2017, Anything Goes with optional twist: The Rubber Room (No Digis)
This is my 4th entry to this challenge.


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


Milka

12 comments:

  1. Oh, they are just AMAZING!!! Love both very much!! Such gorgous stamp you used! Your cards are fabulous also in yellow and pink! :)
    The splatters and the shimmer look FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastične preproste voščilnice! :)
    Všeč mi je ta štampiljka mandale in kako si jo uporabila.
    Krasno!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odličen kontrast med belim embosingom in toplimi barvami!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uau, čudoviti sta! Sončnih barv in mandali sta super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! The colours are so pretty over your embossed image. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible stamp image!! It has so much detail and your colouring of them brings out every one. Its a fantastic CAS design too which makes the image the star. So glad you joined us at Happy Little Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krasno embosiranje, barve potem kar oživijo. Hvala, da si se nam pridružila v izzivu pri CRAFTalnici.

    ReplyDelete
  8. JoJ kako luštne voščilnice si naredila :-)) Krasno prelivajoče se ozadje.
    Hvala, ker ustvarjaš z nami v izzivu CRAFT-alnice … Srečno!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Čudovito ti je uspela…, hvala ker deliš z nami v CRAFT-alnici, LP

    ReplyDelete
  10. Čudovito!
    Hvala, da ustvarjaš z nami v CRAFT-alnici. Srečno!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...